zondag 26 januari 2014

ROOM FOR THOUGHT



I want to share a cool app with you. It is called: ROOM for thought. It is an app you can only use on your smartphone. Once a day a reminder pops up and when you open it a 10 second countdown starts and you have to get ready to take a picture. You have one shot to get it right because these photo's can not be deleted/replaced/done over. It tends to be a bit stressful sometimes ;-) Of course you could make a selfie everyday but it's more appealing to take a thing, moment, location, loved one that's iconic for that day or moment. As they say "Once a day ROOM for thought gives you 10 seconds to relax. To do nothing for a moment." They also have Instagram-like filters and the possibility for a comment to spice up the photo-post. Everyone is always rushing all day long, so how nice is it to just stand still for 10 seconds?

I found out about the app in December 2012 and really liked the idea, so I downloaded it. I started on the 1st of January 2013 and have been doing it ever since. Sometimes I missed the reminder and deadline so I don't have 365 photo's, but it's a quite good summary of my past year. I know you could also do this yourselves and don't really need an app for it. I mean, we're all addicted to Instagram right? But this is different because you don't choose the moment, the moment chooses you and you probably end up making pictures of things you normally don't see, not really. And that's on of the reasons I like it so much.

A small selection of my photo's in 2013: 1st of January 2013, Amstel Station during rush hour, drinking beers at De Biertuin, New York Mets game, pre-festival chaos at home, airplane situation, Miami beach, boat trip from hell to Formentera and the view while walking home from work on a beautiful winter night.

The ROOM for thought app can be downloaded in the App store.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten